Abbie stated she was thankful for her family, food, Santa Claus, people, summer, bees, winter, make-up, friends and cheer leading.
Trent said what he was most in the world thankful for was turkey, food, pokemon, family, ice cream, houses, clothes, pets, electronics.
Maddies was food, home, family, computers, having a room of her own, books, deodorant, showers, sports, heat, hunting, and her bike
When I asked Chris he replied that he was thankful for his wife, kids, the love that they give him, the many things he has, his friends, his family, his job and for having a good life.
Now its my turn. I am sometimes overwhelmed of the awesomeness of my life. I thank God for these creatures...everyday.
How awesome are these kiddos! They are my most prized possessions. Truly what I live my life for. I pray everyday that I don't screw them up and make them seek future visits to the psychiatrist, spilling everything that I done wrong.
My Maddie has a heart the size of Texas. My Trent is a regular comic that keeps my laughing. My Abbie is strong minded and thoughtful.
I am thankful for the laid back life I get to live. Where the air is clean and space is abundant. Where my kids get the opportunity to be kids.
I am thankful for the neighborhood I live in...and the fun it brings to my children.
I am thankful for my husband. He is my rock, one of my best friends, my partner for life. A awesome father
friend and laborer.
I am thankful for my family....all of them...they are what makes me...me.
I am truly thankful for the opportunities I have been given.
I have many many many other things I can chalk up to being thankful for. However I am in the middle of cooking that meal that Trent is so thankful for so I need to cut this short. So lastly I will be thankful for modern medicine. For days like this when I am half puny and bow to the feet of the makers of ibuprofen :)














This is such an inspirational Thanksgiving message...and I just wrote an equally inspiring comment about it and now have lost it! My ineptness with remembering passwords for all these accounts is too much for me. I am going to try to post this short one. And if it works will get fancy.
ReplyDeletelove
Aunt Susan
Well that is a relief...I can now add my memory to the list of all that I am thankful for. As for you my dear Janet, you have an amazing attitude of gratitude and somehow have managed to inculcate that spirit into your children. Bravo! It is a remarkable accomplishment and their lists are worthy of publication - so thank you so much for sharing them and the photos and posting this blog.
ReplyDeleteI am also thankful for you, Maddie, Trent, Maddie and Chris as well as your mother Judy and grandmother and all the family we share. I would add that i am thankful for my dear friends and family, for great people to work with, for an open heart and ability to be of service, for sunshine, laughter, music, dancing, flowers and my blackberry.
I am sorry to learn you have been sick...scary sick by the photo. Me too. That's why it has taken me so long to read your message. I was laid low by a bug i caught my last night in Uganda. But thanks to ibrupropen, lomotil and chicken soup, I am feeling human again.
I send you much love and urge you to keep writing. Write for yourself. Write for me.
love,
Aunt Susan