a old blog that I had written on Myspace...just copying them over to here so I can have em all in one spot.
From Feb 2007
Tonight, I think I have reached a new level in parenting.
My son...Trent, well we are trying to get him to "wipe his own butt". He on the other hand does NOT want to partake in this task. The kid is 4 years old, and is gonna go to pre-k this next school year..I think it is time. We have been through it with him time and time again..We even have had hands on teaching, showed him how to fold, let him use wet wipes...tried like all get out to get him to do it. I have found that he is more likely to do the wiping if I am not in the bathroom...and if I just ignore his calls....I'M DONE!!! COME WIPE MY BUTT!!! If I do go in there I usually give in cause I dont want him to get it anywhere...so if I dont see..then its ok..
Well that is where we were tonight..him on the potty and me trying like hell to ignore his demands. I succeded, he proudly walks into the living room and begins to tell me this huge story (you can imagine this if you know him) something about toilet paper and two folds and it being to hard and taking to long....then he said a word that didnt fit into the "story" ,TOOTHPASTE. So I tried to slow him down and really listen...he proceded to tell me that wiping his butt takes to long. So he folded the toilet paper up in two folds and put toothpaste on his butt. Why oh why? I asked him.why, he simply replied..'so my butt wont stink'. He is now in the bath tub washing off the toothpaste that was starting to burn a little.
I love that kid...but never in my parenting carrer did I ever think I would have to say the words....."Dont wipe your butt with toothpaste".
Lord help us.
No comments:
Post a Comment